Saturday 23 January 2016

Dangote Speaks for the Race for Presidency 2019

Africa’s richest man Alhaji Aliko Dangote is synonymous with business and wealth. It is not uncommon that men of his status run for political office or openly veto their support for certain politicians. For the billionaire businessman who turns 59 in April 2016, Nigerian politics has never been of interest to him. When asked about political ambition and race for Presidency in an interview sometime back, Dangote said,
“I have a very simple life. Never, never. I don’t want to go beyond my life ambition … Most of the presidents, I’ve been giving them advice, whether they solicit it or not. So far they always listen to me. If I have an idea, I can actualize it through our political leaders.For 2019,presidency is not part of my plan” 
Though Aliko Dangote is not interested in politics, he is higly-influential in the corridors of power and it is not surprising that past and present presidents in Africa court him. One of the biggest projects he has embarked on is the 650,000 barrel-per-day oil refinery and petrochemical plant in Lagos, scheduled for completion by early 2018. On completion, the facility, with capacity to produce 55.2 million liters of gasoline daily, will produce other fuels as well as fertilizer and polymers.

No comments:

Post a Comment