Saturday 16 January 2016

What Wenger said about the Social media


Arsene Wenger says social media is becoming a growing problem in football as he prepares to face Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.
The Gunners lost the same fixture 3-2 last season with the Arsenal team met by angry fans at Stoke train station as they returned to London after the game.
Wenger says that while he did not take the verbal abuse he received personally he does believes such behaviour is a growing problem that stems from social media.
"At the time I took it as people who were upset because we lost a game and didn’t take it personally," he told reporters. "It was my function and the fact that I’m responsible for the club that was attacked."
"I didn’t take it personally. I was sad and upset more by the result than by the individual reactions of people, which I can understand. When you love a club, you want the results to be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment