Monday 25 January 2016

Women Footballers are Unjustly Labelled as Lesbians — Uwak

Super Falcons striker Cynthia Uwak is not one to hide her feelings over the ill-treatment of women footballers in Nigeria. The two-time African Women’s Player of the Year talked about how Nigerians unjustly label female footballers lesbians

According to her in a recent interview,she said
  “I wouldn’t say football makes people masculine. There are lots of players you wouldn’t even know play football. I have a lot of friends who are tomboys but they don’t play football and they look masculine; like they are into sports. People jump into conclusions because they see you dressed this way.People’s mentality is different. There are a lot of the players who wear make-up and dress feminine. I don’t like to wear make-up and that doesn’t mean it’s because I play football. Before I started playing football, I was a tomboy climbing trees and playing with boys but these people are so blinded; they look at one side and don’t see the other side of the world. It’s not only women footballers who are like that; there are a lot of them out there who don’t do sports.”

No comments:

Post a Comment