Thursday 25 February 2016

Inspiring athlete born without legs discovers childhood idol

An athlete born without legs became an inspiring athlete and then discovered that her idol growing up was in fact her biological sister

Jen Bricker was adopted at birth after being born with no legs due to a genetic birth defect.
But despite her potentially debilitating condition the inspirational 27-year-old, who grew up in a house where they never said 'can't,' became a successful gymnast.

Growing up Jen was always drawn to gymnastics and idolised American Olympic gymnast Dominique Moceanu.
And after competing in - and winning- competitions at State level, Jen learned the shocking secret, that Dominique was actually her biological sister.
"Some of my earliest memories are of watching gymnastics on TV when I was six years old and trying to imitate the moves," said Jen.
"Dominique was my favourite gymnast. I wouldn't shut up about her, even at the age of six I fantasised about being related to her."
"When I was 16 I discovered Dominique was actually my sister and I remember thinking these kind of things happen in the movies, this is not real life," she added.

Culled from http://www.barcroft.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment