Monday 6 June 2016

My death wish

                                Image result for death
Life is like the rose beautifully
adorned
But its beauty rest on thorns
And we are all perishable mortals
Waiting to be claimed
By a merciless tyrant
For death is but a foe and a woe
And We may be swept away by morrow's oblong face

No one knows morrow
No one knows today
We can only manage to tell the past....
I have a wish, let me make it known to my kin:
When i die do not bury me deep
Just place my hardened body in my father's garden
Where wild flowers compete with double-bladed weeds
And where thorns sprawled on the loams
For i dread to be buried
alongside feigning thieves
And unworthy demented souls
In a cemetry of fallen leaves
Where lieth liars and renegades
Let no one cry me a river
And let no one put me in a cramped wooden box
Let no one rent for me a gown
For i do not wish to look like a dwarfish thief
Or like a man on borrowed hoods
When i breath my last
Let no one observe a silent moment for me
For i hate frivilous rites
Meant to mock the dead
When i die call in the poets,
the preachers and orators of words
Raise few vindicative stanzas
Vexed with sapping tales for me
For i am a man birthed in pain and rolling tears
When i die in my old age
Let no one sing me false praise
For i wish truth to rot with my bones
Till i descend into the ravine of unconscious state
Please respect my wish
Even when i am unconscious
For my pride could be vested
In my death's wish
Written by Isaac Archibongpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment