Friday 18 November 2016

Kenyan woman cries for justice after police free man who raped her



                                    Image result for KeNYAN Activists t protest in Nairobi against rape 
A Nakuru mother of four is crying for justice after her neighbour who she accused of raping her was set free by police.
She told media reporters that the man committed the beastly act outside her house in Keringet when she answered a short call.
"It happened two weeks ago. I reported the matter to Keringet Police station. The suspect was arrested but was later freed," the woman said.
She said that the man, a cobbler, injured her on the leg and neck as she tried to ward off his advances at the time of the incident.
"I fought with him. Since he was armed with a rungu and a knife therefore he overpowered me," she said.
"I fell on the ground after which he sexually abused me for several hours while my children cried helplessly in the house," the woman said.
"The man brandished the knife against my neck and I had no choice but to cooperate," she said.
"I am not married. Since I am ailing, my children are starving because I am the one who feeds them," the woman added.
The victim says that despite being asked to fill a P3 form, the suspect still wanders freely in the neighbourhood, posing risks to her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment