Sunday 20 November 2016

YOUR LIFE’S MISSION STATEMENT

                                     Image result for MISSION STATEMENT
Paul can stand before anyone who cares to listen and say THIS IS WHY I WAS BORN. He doesn’t hide it. The reason is he heard and had it from God, was so sure about it and could defend it anywhere he finds himself. After his dramatic encounter with the Lord that changed his life God told him in Acts 26:16-18, “But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you FOR THIS PURPOSE, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.' Armed with this PURPOSE or MISSION STATEMENT, Paul was ready to go all the way to fulfil his divine destiny. No wonder he told King Agrippa in verse19, "Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision...”
Friend, the meaning of living is having a purpose to live and die for. Myles Munroe, that great teacher and motivator said, “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.” What is your purpose? What are you shaped and designed for? Paul said in Phil 3:12, “...but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.” What is THAT for which Christ laid hold of you? How much are you pressing to lay hold of it? I encourage you to sit down and think. I encourage you to lock yourself up and pray. Once your heavens opens and God gives you your life mission statement, it is time to run with it. Jesus said in John 17:4, “"I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.” Paul said at the end of his life and ministry in 2 Timothy 4:7-8, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.” What will be your own TESTIMONY when your life is over here on earth?


Written by Ezekiel Ajibade‎
 www.facebook.com/Ezekiel Ajibade‎

No comments:

Post a Comment