Monday 6 March 2017

Jojo Singh:The Vision behind India's Woof Yums

Jojo Singh is “a dreamer with eyes wide open.” He is the Founder of Woof Yums, a start-up that provides healthy food for pets and strays in Delhi, India. He is living the life of his dream. Find out how he overcame social pressure & acceptance and follow his inner calling.

It’s great to have you here. Could you please tell us about yourself and what you do?
I am an ordinary and normal human who have spent major part of my life raising kids and trying to please my wife (just like any other) by earning and justifying my education and upbringing.

Tell us about Woof Yums and the inspiration behind it.
Woof Yums is any man’s hidden desire to do what he really wants to do! inspite of apprehensions, fears, insecurities, when one desires to do give back to society without actually giving a shit about returns.

What’s the big vision for Woof Yums?
Woof Yums is all about following your passion, more so for a sikhs as they are world’s answer to eliminate hunger and that too in a nutritional sense. Sikhs all around the world follow the same principle of feeding the hungry and stand by those who need help.

Tell us about your childhood days.
My childhood, like any others, was all about looking up to my parents. They were God and super humans who I could turn and demand anything without getting cold glares.

What do you consider your greatest achievement so far?
Peace of mind by following my dream.

 What do you like best about what you do?
I respect my decisions and try to honour whatever I desire.

What’s your own definition of success, and do you believe you’ve achieved it yet?
Success for me is all about contention and how you maintain your achievements. It cannot be measured by worldly desires. It’s all about fighting your inner battles and maintaining sanity between spiritual and materialistic world. Woof Yums earn money commercially, by delivering healthy nutritional food for pets; the sense of contentment comes when you take care of voiceless and wagging tails of approval.
For strays, Woof Yums offer highly subsidised food just so they can relish and never sleep hungry.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Maybe, a role model for others to follow! One life. One dream. One world. Do your bit.

What inspires you to do what you do every day?
Wagging tails and tales of how Woof Yums help dogs to live healthy and dignified life.

What were you afraid of when you were starting out and how did you overcome them?
Social pressure and acceptance was the biggest hurdle when I announced Woof Yums. For the first 1 and a half year everyone right from my parents and family was living in denial that I see a great opportunity in building this brand. For them it was like “Kutto ka halwai” who would wind up within 6 months after burning all the money and then live in penury and shame for the rest of my life being reminded of “I told you so” for ever.

What is your typical day like?
I wake up by 3 am and get to the office by 4:30 am. Chefs are usually preparing meals by the time I get to the office. Replying mails, discussing artworks for promotion on social media, accounting, and other usual stuff for any start-up takes better part of my day.

What advice do you have for young and aspiring entrepreneurs?
Just once! Try to achieve whatever your heart desires. Families, parents, society all love achievers and not just earners.

Parting word(s)….

My parting word is for those who think they have reached a saturation point and chose to close their minds toward any improvement or idea. Don’t give up!

Interview by Yinka Brand
This is my life work: Helping people to discover their PURPOSE for living so they can live a PURPOSEFUL & REMARKABLE life. I'm an expert in bringing out GEMS from a MOUNTAIN OF JUNK. I help "small men" do big things. My name is Yinka Brand. I solve problems for a living, even the hard ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment