Wednesday 11 November 2015

THE SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE


Apostle Abiodun Olakonu

I find it a great pleasure to write this article on the spirit of excellence because it is one of my core values in life, I have gotten to a point that if it is excellent, then you’re talking about me. I learnt this value from one of my few worthy mentors who I have known from inception to be excellent in all that he does. God has given man the power of choice and interestingly, most people take the easy way out. If you will imbibe excellence as one of your values, you must be ready to give it what it takes.
I remember some years ago when I used to give excuses for not delivering in due time or in an excellently way and my mentor will tell me that anyone who is good at generating excuses can’t be good at anything else. It used to be as if a hot iron was passed through my mind and I’ll feel very bad but those words helped me to become resolute about adopting excellence as a value for myself. Then, I decided to stop giving excuses and taking responsibility, also to go the extra mile of ensuring that I produced outstanding results compared to others in my field of endeavor.
Excellence is producing outstanding results at an unusual degree consistently and that became my watch word. I read about Daniel, a man who produced outstanding results at an unusual degree consistently in the bible. Four kings came, reigned and left the palace but Daniel remained relevant there because excellence makes you relevant and keeps you on the kings network bracket. When his opposition even tried to find a fault against him, they concluded themselves that they will never find a fault against this man Daniel. Can you imagine that they used a present continuous statement(we will never find) to qualify their conclusion about Daniel.
Decide today to produce results at an unusual degree consistently and you will realize that you will remain relevant to those who matter. The heart of the matter is a matter of the heart. We produce some television and radio programmes and some of those clients have stuck with us for over eleven years because they know that with us, they will get an excellent job home or abroad and don’t have to think twice about the quality of our delivery.
You must decide today to be excellent in everything you do, it may not pay on the short run but it surely will pay on the long run.
 Reach him on www.facebook.com/olakonu.abiodun,25d05828(BBM),www.biodunolakonu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment