Tuesday 7 June 2016

The zest of a thinker and poet

                                        Image result for thinker and poet
Don't be flabberwhelmed by the zest of a thinker and a cemented poet
I am none a loner threading on a slippery lane
I am but a murderer of ills
For I have killed greed in their tons
Assassinating hatred before the Dawn's ascension
My penetrating ink is capable of unveiling masked pretense
I, uphold truth in its nude state
My pen frees the mind of those wallowing in bloated ignorance
For I saw those pouring poison into
the village stream and I refused to hide
I have mouth without a lid
Refusing to walk on the street of "maybe"
I am a skinny dog hunting on my own
I bark at will,dreading no lion
I am a preacher ,proclaiming dooms and booms
I do not watch over fat gluttons
For their snores is but a memento
Slaughtering dreams before the dawn
I have no masty pinnacle by my name
But I have a fame and a name
For am a royal singer
Caressing truth for its fruits
...I have filled my once hollowed mind
With weird and good poetry
that which elevates the mind
I am none a loner walking on slippery lane.

By Isaac Archibongpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment