Monday 12 September 2016

Superstitious and Horrendous beliefs

                                       Image result for Superstitious and Horrendous beliefs
About five years+ ago when my wife was pregnant for our first child , I was washing some of my wife cloths suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my palm. Behold, I was injured by a safety pin she attached on one of her cloths.
It hurt me badly, my palm bleed and I was infuriated.
I called my wife and asked her what's the use of the safety pin on her cloths.
My wife apologized first and told me that her aunt instructed her to attach "Safety pins" on her cloths/wears so as to protect the foetus from evil spirit / demon mostly when she's going to the market, public places and when she want to sleep at night .
After treating my wounds, I sat my wife down, spoke to her, and make sure i purge out all the fear and worries that has been planted on her mind. I made sure I take my time to educate her calmly that nothing will happen to our baby if she didn't attach safety pins on her cloths as instructed by her aunt.
Ever since, my wife has ceased attaching safety pins 📌 on her cloths during pregnancy and today, we have two healthy, beautiful, smart and intelligent girls.
Superstitious belief has taken over majority of an average African (wo)man mentality. Sometimes, I see majority of Africans as confused people. That's why they run from churches to churches, from one spiritual👻 house🏡 to the other. From one Africa traditionalist to the other, from one native doctor house to the other and even from one Islamic scholar house to the other.
If you're a Christian and you believe so much in Jesus Christ 'as the author and the finisher of our faith' and you believe in the efficacy and powers of prayers, why do you still attach safety pins on your cloths while you're pregnant so as to help protect your unborn child(ren) against the attack of Obgbanje, Wiliwili, Osho, Aje, Shokpono, Mami water etc.....?
Are you trying to tell us that you don't believe in the mighty power of Jesus Christ to chase away all these evil spirits again or you doubt the efficacy of all those prayers you pray by casting and binding out the devil daily that's why you exact all your faith on safety pins?
The funny thing is that these pregnant women who believe so much on the efficacy of safety pins never misses church services and vigils. They pray in tongues and you see them place one heavy Bible under their pillow at night 🌙yet, they still attach safety pins on their clothing's. If this is not the height of hypocrisy? Then what?
You mix traditional believe with Christianity because you ain't certain on your faith yet you insult those of us that says we don't belief in the efficacy of prayers.
 I am certain that many pregnant Christian women go to church with safety pins attached to their cloths and still cast out demons with the name of Jesus.
I am sorry to say, most Christians are nothing but hypocritical and confused lots who don't know where they belong to.
Written by Edward E Onoriode

No comments:

Post a Comment